Monday, September 1, 2014

Game Development Update



Just a quick update to let you know where i'm at.  I have made a few "minor" changes to the game including: a name change.  I have opted for "Platoon Leader" as opposed to Rendezvous With Destiny. The main reason is somewhat trivial and doesn't really bare mentioning but suffice to say, this name's sticking.  (Let me back up a bit.  If you don't already know i'm finishing up a WW2 infantry game that uses no combat results tables, no charts, and no cards.  I've borrowed from what works in other games and stitched it all together into my own little "Frankenstein".)   I've also polished up and detailed the cover which i'm now quite pleased with.  The rules have grown a tad as I add last minute corrections, explanations and updates.  Last count puts me at 20 pages give or take, (14 pt font).  I've added another scenario and fleshed out the counters (man they look so much better!).  The rest is roughly the same.  That said, the plastic bags are ordered and i hope to get this thing to the printers next week so you can expect an official "unboxing" preview very soon now.  Meanwhile, if you haven't done so already, give the latter half of Hexes and Soldiers episode 35.0 a listen if your curious to learn more about Platoon Leader! 
Stay tuned and keep gaming!
Cheers-

No comments:

Post a Comment