Monday, August 11, 2014

The Wargaming Tribe Does Not Eat Its Young...(part 2)

A massive Civil War miniatures game.

Rules for the Civil War minis game.

Old School!
GMT's A World At War.  Melds Advanced Third Reich and Empire of the Rising Sun.

Ginormous WW2 miniatures set up.

D-Day at Omaha Beach!


Life size mg34 ASL game piece.  Yea? Well you should see the mapboard!.  I think portage points for this are way too generous. 

So overall,  I would say my first CON was a success.  Was it comparable to World Board Gaming Championships or Consimworld Expo or any other major con?  No.  But it was better than I expected and i see its size and scope growing in the coming years.  I would have liked to see a bit more cardboard (no ASL or OCS) but there was plenty to see and do.  Would I go again?  In a heart beat!  I met a great gang of wargamers and to my relief, they do not eat their young. 

Stay tuned for Hexes And Soldiers Episode 34.0 for a more detailed account.


No comments:

Post a Comment